Saturday, August 14, 2010

Good-bye Perpetual Sunshine....Hello Changing Seasons!

My mom decided when we first moved to Florida in 1980 that she didn't like it. She wanted to move back right away, but she couldn't. Through the years of heat waves, hurricane threats, severe thunderstorms, tornado watches, she still didn't like it, although, at times it seemed like she did. She missed the changing seasons almost as much as I did, she missed her family back home, which she told me time and time again after I moved to GA from the land of Perpetual Sunshine. She told me earlier in the year that she was going to be moving back home and I thought it was a joke, but it was real enought alright! She ended up moving to within a few miles of all 3 of her sisters, and she loves it up there. Although, she's not going to have to worry about hurricanes now, she's going to have to worry about windstorms and blizzards...which I love too!

No comments: