Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy 19th Birthday Patrick!!!!!!!!!!!!



I know you didn't quite get the birthday you were hoping for. You did get your strawberry cheesecake, but the presents were kind of lacking. I should've thought more about it before the snowstorm came so I could've went out and got you things. While I was making your cheesecake this afternoon, I thought a lot about from the time you were born until now. So many things went through my head. How you would sit in my lap watching M*A*S*H* with me, you used to love that show, followed by The Jeffersons, and then All In The Family. How we got the giggles over the Hunter-Douglas ceiling fan commercial and the Burger King Commercial. The Lego buildings we would build. Later on it was you going to school, and the time when the asst. principal came to pick you up from the house because you "missed the bus yet again" when I was 45 miles away at work. Your science fair projects that I "helped" you make....I love getting good grades!!!!! (I think the 2 best was The Bermuda Triangle and Altantis...although, no one expected the aquarium to spring a leak and me have to hurry and drive to the school to empty it before it all emptied on the floor!) You are full of energy, that's something that never changed...whether it was fighting with your brother and sister, skateboarding, jumping on the trampoline in a dog cage with Brian, swinging off the doll house on palm fronds, playing war with water guns on the doll house roof with Brian, or doing "recon" around the "premises" with Brian in your camo outfit. You didn't give me a lot of problems when you were little and you don't give me a lot now. Your music I tolerate, but it still makes me want to kill someone....you're an awesome guitarist, and as a person in general, you're one of the most gentlest and compassionate people I know. I know that for lunch or supper on any given day you'll eat Cheddar Explosion Mac & Cheese or potatoes, gravy, and biscuits or pizza, although when you were little it was PB&J!

I love you Patrick...always stay the way you are. Never let anyone change you, except if you think it's for the better.

Happy 19th Birthday! We all love you very much!

No comments: