Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

Well, the day before Thanksgiving is usually for baking and that's what's gonna be done today. Chocolate cookies with vanilla icing that my Grandma and Dad made....Dad's are the best, by the way, and half of the chocolate cookie batter will get chocolate chips in it...found that out last year when we tried it out with a dozen cookies...they were GREAT! Regular chocolate chip cookies, a white cake, an apple pie, and my banana pudding with nilla wafers, bananas, and marshmallows in it. Hopefully they can all get done tomorrow because I won't have time on Thanksgiving and Friday, if all goes according to plan, will be spent figuring out the working and non working Christmas lights...although I miss my 250,000 light display that I had in Florida, and of course we had to get rid of the Santa and Rudolph display because the thing wasn't working anymore....looked more like Rudolph had a bad back and couldn't pull Santa out of the chimney and Santa looked drunk! We'll cross our fingers that everything goes right!

No comments: