Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Wednesday started out with me baking, baking, and more baking. Found out I forgot a lot of things I needed and ended up at WalMart so much I'm surprised they didn't me for stalking! Anyhow, had 14 dozen cookies done and went off to bed at 1:45 a.m. Thanksgiving started out with Danny doing some things and me getting the turkey ready. I figured out the times for the turkey and the ham to get in the oven, so I spiced the turkey and got it in. In the meantime with that cooking, I made a panful of chocolate fudge...(so yummy), washed everything up, and started peeling apples. They didn't have the apples I normally use, so I used a combination of Gala and Pink Ladies. I finally rolled out the dough to where it didn't tear, for the first time ever, and put it aside, peeled potatoes and got them in a pot, had the ham in and kept checking the turkey. I don't care what the heating times say, 3 1/2 hours for a 14 pound thawed out turkey was not enough....ended up cooking it for 4 1/4 hours. Everything turned out great. Took some of our feast to our friend of ours and came back home, and cleaned everything up, after I got the strawberry cheesecake for Patrick made. Friday I finished up the banana pudding. The kids and Danny have a lot to choose from, I'll take the cookies and the fudge.



It was a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: